Calling fine artists and exceptional folk artists!
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: May 15, 2017 EXHIBIT DATES: SEPTEMBER 10 – 29, 2017
You are invited to submit an application to participate in a unique art show featuring original work depicting dogs (alone or with humans!) Held in the beautiful Tifton Museum of Arts and Heritage, this is a juried show exhibiting the highest quality work possible. This exhibit intends to celebrate “human’s best friend” in multiple creative ways and forms!
- Each artist may submit up to 4 pieces of original work depicting dogs. This is a fine art and folk art show. Art may be 2-dimensional (oils, acrylics, pastel, charcoal, pencil, etching, etc.) or 3-dimensional (bronze, clay, wood, wire, fiber, paper, etc.) All work must be the original work of the submitting artist.
- A digital file (JPEG) of each piece must be submitted to be juried for the show. Each artist must include a $5.00 non-refundable jurying fee and the entry form.
- Upon acceptance, a $35 entry fee will be required for up to two pieces and $10 for each additional piece (maximum total of 4 pieces.)
- All 2-dimensional works must be no smaller than 16″x20″ not including any framing. All 2-dimensional work must wired and ready to hang. No saw tooth hangars accepted
- Emphasis will be placed on creativity, originality, and quality of work.
- All chosen submissions must be brought to the museum on September 6 from 4:00-7:00 p.m. or September 7 from 10:00-12:00. Shipped art must arrive between September 5-7. Shipping instructions will be sent with acceptance notices. SHIPPED ARTWORKS MUST BE PACKAGED FOR RE-SHIPPING (No Popcorn) and accompanied with a pre-paid return shipping label.
- No entries will be accepted after the deadline.
- Any work of art may be used in marketing or promotion for the museum and if used, shall carry the artist’s credit line.
- Art may be offered for sale if allowed by the artist. The museum will receive 30% commission for each sale. Exhibitors should remember this when pricing your art.
- Please remember: This is an exhibit for the general public. The Tifton Museum of Arts and Heritage Exhibits Committee retains the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
- Prizes will be given at the discretion of the judge as follows: Best of Show – $1000, First Place 2-Dimensional – $250, First Place 3-Dimensional – $250
- Entries must be picked up from the museum on Sept. 29 from 5:00-7:00 or Sept. 30 from 10:00-12:00 or they become the property of the museum. Shipped entries will be shipped back on October 2.
- Application and digital files due: May 15, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: June 15, 2017
- Accepted entries fee due: July 15, 2017
- Shipped entries due: Sept. 5-7, 2017
- Delivered entries dropped off: Sept. 6 (4:00-7:00 pm) or Sept. 7 (10:00-12:00), 2017
- Exhibit Opening: Sept. 10 (1:00-3:00), 2017
- Entries picked up: Sept. 29 (5:00-7:00) or Sept. 30 (10:00-12:00), 2017